Before filling the pump through the filling hole you must first partially unscrew the drainage pin/cap (when filling just unscrew it by 3 or 4 turns) without forcing it.
- After having removed the cap, fill the pump slowly through the filling hole so as to discharge any air pockets present inside.
- Before starting the pump, close the filling cap and screw the drainage pin/cap all the way, without forcing it.
- Vent by means of the screw on the part opposite the filling cap
- Fully open the gate valve on intake and keep the one on delivery almost closed.
- Switch on and check that the direction of rotation is correct. If not, invert any two phase leads, after having disconnected the pump from the power mains.
- Once the hydraulic circuit has been completely filled with liquid, gradually open the delivery gate valve until its maximum opening.
- With the pump running, check the supply voltage at the motor terminals, which must not differ from the rated value by +/- 5%.
- With the unit at regular running speed, check that the current absorbed by the motor does not exceed the value on the data plate.
Was this FAQ helpful?
Before installing the pump you must check that the rotating parts turn freely. For this purpose, remove the fan cover from its seat in the motor end cover. Insert a screwdriver in the notch on the motor shaft from the ventilation side.
Switch on and check that the direction of rotation is correct. If not, invert any two phases leads, after having disconnected the pump from the power mains: