The direction of rotation must be checked each time a new installation is made.
Proceed as follows:
1) Place the pump on a flat surface.
2) Start the pump and stop it immediately.
3) Carefully observe the kick-back on starting, looking at the pump from the motor side. The direction of rotation is correct, that is clockwise, if the protection cap moves as in the drawing (anticlockwise).
4) If the motor is turning in the wrong direction, switch off the power and invert two phases on the supply line (upstream from the control unit).
If it is not possible to check as described above because the pump is already installed, check as follows:
1) Start the pump and observe the water flow rate.
2) Stop the pump, switch off the power and invert two phases on the supply line (upstream from the control unit).
3) Restart the pump and check the water flow rate again.
4) Stop the pump.
The correct direction of rotation is the one that gives the higher flow rate.
It is not necessary to check the direction of rotation of single-phase motors.
The product manual available here on our site or here in our DNA software provides more information for this product usage and maintenance.
Was this FAQ helpful?
Yes, it can only be done but only by experienced staff. In addition, all electrical connections must be protected from moisture and any joints must be completely watertight when immersed.
The length and thickness of the electrical wires should follow the following table: